Who are we?
Handlebars for Hope encourages people to continue their passion of BMX & MTB by volunteering community service, donating BMX bikes & parts & safety gear back to the Central Texas BMX Community.
Why do we exist?
There are so many underprivileged talented kids and young adults who are great at their sport. They are fit, active, making memories and learning and teaching each other.
Unfortunately, so many of kids and young adults don’t have the money to learn, pursue their passions or worse they end up straying down the wrong path and forget from where they came. Sooner or later, they sell their bikes, get in trouble or have bills that pull them away from doing something positive.
Everything we do is about encouraging folks to be a part of a community, stay fit, stay active, get off the computer/cell phone and do something to be proud of.
What we do
- Offer volunteer hours / community service hours to young adults
- Offer opportunity to build you resume / work portfolio to get better jobs
- Maintain MTB and BMX trails
- Donate complete Bicycles and bike parts to those who it would benefit most
- Donate safety gear to those who it would benefit most
- Be awesome role models and tell the positive story of BMX riders doing good things in the community
What we don’t do
- At this time, We don’t teach or advise “how-to” ride a bike until we have action sports insurance. This is the personal decision of the participating adults and adults minor
- At this time, we don’ t offer free classes on BMX Trail Building and Maintenance (Waiting on Insurance)
- At this time, – we don’ t Offer classes on BMX Bike Maintenance (Waiting on Insurance)
- We don’t own the land or property. Events locations are public and/or private land
What’s our status
- We have a core team of members already committed to helping
- We’re funding all the donations and this website from fundraisers and personally
- We are an official legal Texas entity operating under the Sanders Family for Health
- We have official EIN filed and registered with the IRS
- We’re an official 5013c non profit entity
- Working actively on action sports insurance
Let’s build something
Gift to the Cause
If you want to experience all of the successes and pleasure in life, you have to be willing to accept all the pain and failure that comes with it.Matt Hoffman
I believe that people should take pride in what they do, even if it is scorned or misunderstood by the public at largeTony Hawk
Some of my best friends are tattooed from head to toe. Some are rocking a mullet, a moustache and others are clean cut. It’s funny that you don’t need to speak the same language or look like someone to fit in.Travis Pastrana